OnePlus just launched its flagship OnePlus 3T smartphone in India at an event in Delhi, as it had promised. The upgraded version of the OnePlus 3 has the same 5.5-inch 1080 Optic AMOLED display with 2.5D curved Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection, runs on Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow) with Oxygen OS top and has a 16-megapixel rear camera with LED flash with EIS 2.0, phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF) and Optical Image Stabilization (OIS), but this has a Sapphire crystal lens cover protection.
It is powered by a faster Snapdragon 821 processor, has a 16-megapixel front-facing camera with Samsung 3P8SP sensor and 1.0 µm pixel size, 3400mAh battery and new 128GB storage option, in addition to 64GB. It still has the same aluminium unibody design.
OnePlus 3T specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920×1080 pixels) Full HD Optic AMOLED display with 2.5D curved Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection
- 2.35GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 821 64-bit processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4 RAM, 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.0) storage
- Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow) with Oxygen OS
- Dual nano SIM slots
- 16-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, Sony IMX298 sensor, 1.12 micron pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, EIS 2.0, PDAF, OIS, 4K video recording at 30 fps, 720p slow motion at 120fps
- 16MP front-facing camera with Samsung 3P8SP sensor, 1.0 micron pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, 1080p video recording
- Dimensions: 152.7×74.7×7.35mm; Weight: 158g
- Fingerprint sensor
- Bottom-facing speaker, dual microphone for noise cancellation
- 4G LTE with VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (MIMO), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3400mAh battery with Dash Charge
The OnePlus 3T comes in Gunmetal and Soft Gold colors and is priced at Rs. 29,999 for the 64GB version. The 128GB Gunmetal OnePlus 3T is priced at Rs. 34,999. It will be available exclusively on Amazon.in starting from December 14th. Amazon Prime members will get early access for purchase on December 12th from 2 to 3PM. The 64GB Soft Gold version will be available later. OnePlus also said that it will be making the phone in India starting next month.
Commenting on the launch, OnePlus Founder and CEO Pete Lau, said:
At OnePlus, we are constantly striving to provide a better product and user experience for our customers, who are some of the most discerning and tech-savvy users in the world. We developed the OnePlus 3T to bring significant improvements with new technology that is available today, so that our customers do not have to wait for the best possible user experience.
Vikas Agarwal, General Manager – India for OnePlus said:
We are delighted to bring the much anticipated OnePlus 3T to India. Over the last two weeks, our fans in India have been writing to us to bring the phone to India and we are glad we have been able to meet their demands. To delight our buyers even further, we will be shortly announcing a slew of offers to compliment the overall usage experience.