OnePlus has finally started rolling out OxygenOS 4.0 update based on Android 7.0 (Nougat) for the beta testers in the form of Open Beta 8. This brings all the Nougat features such as Multi-window support, Notification enhancements, custom DPI support Background optimizations and more. It also brings new status bar icon options, quick launch for third-party apps and improved shelf customization. It also includes December 1st Android security update. Check out the complete changelog below.
OnePlus 3 OxygenOS 4.0 Open Beta 8 changelog
- Upgraded to Android 7.0 Nougat
- New Notifications Design
- New Settings Menu Design
- Multi-Window View
- Notification Direct Reply
- Custom DPI Support
- Added Status Bar Icon Options
- Added Quick Launch For 3rd Party Applications
- Improved Shelf Customization
- Android Pay may not work correctly
- Some stability/performance issues
- After upgrading to Android N, you will not be able to directly downgrade back to M builds. Our customer service team has a special build of Android M that will allow you to downgrade, but this will format your device. If you’d like to flash back to M, please contact Customer Support.
OnePlus also said that Android Pay might not work in the beta build and there might be some stability and performance issues. It also said that you can’t directly downgrade to Marshmallow builds after moving to Nougat. You can contact customer support if you would like to flash back to Marshmallow.
The OxygenOS 4.0 Open Beta 8 update for the OnePlus 3 is 1.3GB in size and is not available as OTA update for currently beta users. They will have to flash it manually from the OnePlus website directly. OnePlus released a minor update to for the OnePlus 3T users, but it said that OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T will be on the same update schedule beginning with the stable release of Nougat.