Earlier in August, Uber had rolled out Dial an Uber mobile website that lets you book a ride without the need to download the app. This service was available only in Nagpur, Kochi, Guwahati, and Jodhpur. Now, Uber has expanded the Dial an Uber service to a total all of the 29 cities in India where the taxi hailing service is operational.
How to book a cab with Dial on Uber
- Navigate to dial.uber.com on your mobile phone
- Enter your phone number to quickly login or sign-up
- View pricing information, get a fare estimate, and request for your ride with a single tap
- After requesting, we will instantly connect you with your driver over call to coordinate pickup
- Once the trip is completed, you can pay your driver in cash.
You can dial an uber from your phone’s web browser and this mode of booking supports only cash payment. In order to call your driver back after the initial phone call, riders must use the call button on the web page. Cancellations will incur a fee which is charged on the next trip similar to the app.
Apurva Dalal, Head of Engineering, Uber India said in a statement,
We began with introducing ‘Dial an Uber’ – an ‘India first Innovation’ in four cities, as a pilot to overcome the challenge of serving under all kinds of networks, especially low or poor connectivity. Buoyed by the overwhelming responses, we are pleased to announce a national roll-out. ‘Dial an Uber’ offers a convenient choice to customers looking to book a ride and is testament to our focus on using our technological edge to make mobility reliable and accessible for everyone.
Earlier this month, Uber launched UberWEDDINGS in 12 cities in India that caters to all wedding related travel needs.