Gionee just announced S9, its latest smartphone with dual rear cameras in China, as it had promised. It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with Sony sensor along with a 5-megapixel secondary camera with Samsung sensor for capturing images with depth of field blur effects. It has a unibody metal design, packs a 5.5-inch 1080p display, is powered by an Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P10 processor, runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with Amigo OS 3.2 and a 13-megapixel front-facing camera.
Gionee S9 specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920× 1080 pixels) Full HD LTPS 2.5D curved glass display
- 2GHz Octa-core MediaTek Helio P10 processor with Mali T860 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR3 RAM, 64GB Internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with micro SD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with Amigo OS 3.2
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 13MP rear + 5MP dual rear cameras with dual-tone LED flash
- 13MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 154.2×76.4×7.4mm; Weight: 168.2g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 3000mAh battery
The Gionee S9 comes in Black, Gold and Rose Gold colors, is priced at 2499 yuan (US$ 365 / Rs. 24700 approx.) and goes on sale in China starting from November 25th. No details about the global roll out yet.