Asus introduced the Snapdragon 821 version of the Zenfone 3 Deluxe at an event in Taiwan yesterday. It also introduced a new ZenPad 3S 10 (Z500M) tablet with a 9.7-inch (2048 x 1536 pixels) QXGA display with 5.32mm narrow bezels and 78% screen-to-body ratio, is powered by a hexa-core MT8176 SoC and runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow). It has a 8-megapixel rear camera and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera. It also has a fingerprint sensor embedded into the home button.
Asus ZenPad 3S 10 (Z500M) specifications
- 9.7-inch (2048 x 1536 pixels) QXGA Fully laminated IPS display with 178-degree wide viewing angle
- MediaTek MT8176 (dual-core 2.1 GHz + quad-core 1.7 GHz) 64bit processor with 650MHz IMG GX6250 processor
- 4GB RAM, 32GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with Zen UI
- 8MP Auto Focus rear camera with 1080p Full HD video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- 2 x five magnet speakers, DTS Audio, Sonic Master technology, 7.1-channel surround sound, 24 bit / 192 kHz Hi-Res Audio
- Dimensions: 240.5 x 163.7 x 5.8 ~ 7.15 mm; Weight: 430 g
- WiFi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 4.2 with aptX, USB Type-C, GPS & GLONASS
- 5900mAh battery with up to 10 hours of battery life
The Asus ZenPad 3S 10 comes in Silver and Grey colors and is priced at NT $ 10,990 ($341 / Rs. 22,920 approx.). It will ship in Taiwan starting from August, but no word on the global roll out yet.