Huawei’s Honor introduced the Honor V8 smartphone with dual 12-megapixel rear cameras last month. Now the company is rumored to introduce the Honor 8, a smaller variant of the smartphone with a 5.2-inch curved glass screen in China next month.
It will come with the same dual camera setup, but it will have a glass back and a metal frame instead of metal back in the V8.
Huawei Honor 8 rumored specifications
- 5.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD / (2560 × 1440 pixels) Quad HD 2.5D curved glass display
- Octa-Core Kirin 955 (4x 2.5GHz A72, A53 4 x 1.8 GHz) processor with Mali T880-MP4 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 32GB / 64GB / 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with EMUI 4.1
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD)
- 12MP dual rear cameras with dual-tone LED flash
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 157.00×77.60×7.75mm;Weight: 170g
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3200mAh with fast charging
The Huawei Honor 8 is rumored to be priced at 1999 yuan (US$ 304 / Rs. 20,460 approx.) for the base variant and go up to 2799 (US$ 425 / Rs. 28,652 approx.) for the 128GB variant with a Quad HD display. It is expected to be announced on July 5th.