YU just launched YUNICORN, it’s latest smartphone, as it had promised earlier this month. It has a 5.5-inch 1080p 2.5D curved glass display with ultra-thin bezels, is powered by an Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P10 SoC and runs on Android 5.1 (Lollipop), which the company is calling Android on steroids since it has several features, including monochrome mode. It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF) and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera.
It has brushed aluminium back and 8.5mm slim metal frame. It has a fingerprint sensor embedded into the home button that lets you unlock the phone in less than 0.2 seconds. It has Around YU 2.0, an upgraded version of its integrated discovery platform that lets you find everything you need with a single touch. It will be released next month. It also comes with YU Wallet that lets you pay bills, recharge your phone and more.
YU YUNICORN specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD 2.5D curved glass display, 1000:1 contrast ratio, 450 cd/m2 brightness
- 1.8GHz Octa-core MediaTek Helio P10 processor with Mali T860 GPU
- 4GBRAM, 32GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 5.1 (Lollipop)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano+nano/microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, f/2.2 aperture, 5P lens, PDAF
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, 4P lens
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 75.4×153.3×8.5 mm; Weight: 172g
- 3.5mm audio jack, DTS audio
- 4G LTE,WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- 4000mAh battery
The YU YUNICORN comes in rush silver, graphite and limited edition rush gold color and is priced at Rs. 12,999 for the first month. After that it will be priced at Rs. 13,499. It will be exclusively available from Flipkart through flash sale starting from June 7th. Registrations for the sale begins at 2PM today.
YUNICORN launch offers include:
- 10% cash back for the SBI card users for the first flash sale
- UDIO wallet will be loaded with INR 100 after the first transaction, INR 100 in the second month and INR 100 in the third month
- 6 months free access to premium Gaana+ services that gives them access to unlimited song downloads
- Free first consultation from Lybrate, 30% off on two subsequent consultations and free answers to the common health queries
Commenting on the launch Rahul Sharma, Founder, YU Televentures said:
With YU, we stepped out to challenge the set norms, and it has been a great journey for all of us, which has seen us receive great support from our community, partners and consumers to make YU as the leading online smartphone brand in less than a year. With YUNICORN, we are integrating a great hardware with meaningful innovations that directly address ever evolving consumer needs at an unmatchable price point.