Lenovo’s ZUK has announced Z2, the company’s latest high-end smartphone at an event in China, as it had promised. It has a 5-inch 1080p LTPS 2.5D curved glass display, is powered by a quad-core Snapdragon 820 processor and runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with ZUI 2.0 on top. It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF) with quick focus in just 0.1 seconds and a 8-megapixel front-facing camera.
It has a U-Touch 2.0 fingerprint sensor embedded in the home button that can unlock the phone in under 0.1 seconds. It is 8.45mm thick and has a metal frame. It has a 3500mAh battery with dual fast charging and Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 that can charge the phone up to 80% in 1 hour.
ZUK Z2 specifications
- 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD LTPS 2.5D curved glass display
- 2.15GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 820 processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 4GB RAM with 64GB internal storage
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with ZUI 2.0
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/ 2.2, 5P lens, ISOCELL sensor, PDAF, CAF dual-mode focus, EIS
- 8MP front-facing camera with 1.4μm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, 78.9-degree wide viewing angle
- Dual (nano) SIM
- Fingerprint scanner
- Dimensions: 141.65×68.88×8.45mm; Weight: 149g
- 4G LTE with VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4/5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, USB 2.0 Type-C
- 3500mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
The ZUK Z2 comes in Black and White colors and is priced at 1,799 yuan (US$ 273 / Rs. 18,370 approx.). It goes on sale in China from June 7th and registrations for the sale begins today. ZUK also introduced USB Type-C wireless charger for the phone that can be used with a charging cover. It is priced at 299 yuan (US$ 45 / Rs. 3,050 approx.).