HTC just launched the flagship HTC 10 smartphone in India, as it had promised. It was announced last month, packs a 5.2-inch Quad HD screen, is powered by a quad-core Snapdragon 820 SoC, runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with HTC Sense 8.0 UI, has a 12 Ultrapixel camera with Laser auto focus,OIS, f/1.8 aperture and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera with f/1.8 aperture and OIS.
It has full metal body, fingerprint sensor on the home button that can unlock the phone in 0.2 seconds, 24-bit hi-res DAC audio chip and BoomSound speakers. The Freestyle Layout that lets you place Stickers all over the wallpaper, with each sticker representing an application. It has 3000mAh built-in battery with support for Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 that can charge up to 50% in 30 minutes.
HTC 10 specifications
- 5.2-inch (1440 x 2560 pixels) Quad HD Super LCD 5 display with 2.5D Gorilla Glass
- Quad-Core Snapdragon 820 64-bit processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 32/64GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with HTC Sense 8.0 UI
- 12MP (HTC Ultrapixel 2) camera with dual-tone LED flash, 1.55um pixels, f/1.8 aperture, Laser AF, OIS, 4K video recording
- 5MP autofocus front-facing camera with 1.34um pixels, f/1.8 aperture, OIS, 23mm focal length, 86-degree wide angle
- HTC BoomSound, Dolby Audio, three noise cancellation microphones
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 145.9 x 71.9 x 3.0 – 9.0mm; Weight: 161 grams
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 ac/a/b/g/n (2.4 and 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2 and GPS with GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3000mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0
The HTC 10 comes in Carbon Grey and Topaz Gold colors and is priced at Rs. 52,990 in India. First 500 buyers will get a free cover. It will be available from June 5th 2016. HTC 10 Lifestyle with Snapdragon 652 and 3GB RAM will go on sale on the same day, but the pricing has not been announced yet.