Xiaomi’s YI has introduced a new YI action camera with support for 4K video recording at 30 fps, including hyperlapse and has a 12MP Sony IMX377 sensor. It also has a 2.19-inch display to view the videos and photos and also has dual-band WiFi support to connect to Android smartphones. It has Ambarella A9SE SoC that supports H.264 codec. It also has a separate app for image and video editing and also lets you share them easily.
Xiaomi YI 4K action camera specifications
- 12MP Sony IMX377 sensor, 1/2.3″ sensor, 7P lens, f/2.8 aperture, 155-degree wide viewing angle
- 4K video recording at 30fps, 1080p recording at 120fps and 720p recording at 240 fps
- 2.19-inch 330PPI 16:9 display with 160-degree wide-viewing angle, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Ambarella A9SE SoC with H.264 codec
- Micro SD slot
- BCM4330 for 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi (2.4GHz + 5GHz) and Bluetooth 4.0
- Dual microphones, 6-axis gyroscope for EIS
- 1400mAh battery
The Xiaomi YI 4K action camera comes in Black, White and Pink colors and is priced at 1199 yuan (US$ 183 / Rs. 12,270 approx.). It also comes with a Bluetooth remote and selfie stick for 1299 yuan (US$ 199 / Rs. 13,295 approx.). Other accessories such as waterproof case, UV protection lens with leather cover are also available separately. It is just available for order through crowd funding in China and will ship for backers in June.