[Update: HTC’s global online communications manager Jeff Gordon says that India will get the Snapdragon 820-powered HTC 10 and not the HTC 10 Lifestyle. The official website has also been updated.]
With a Snapdragon 820 processor! https://t.co/gVITTe1E2u— Jeff Gordon (@urbanstrata) April 14, 2016
HTC just announced its flagship HTC 10 smartphone with a 5.2-inch Quad HD 2.5D curved glass display, Snapdragon 820 SoC and 4GB of RAM. But the Indian variant is called the HTC 10 Lifestyle, is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 652 SoC and 3GB of RAM. Russia is also getting the same variant. It is not clear why HTC is launching a different variant in some markets. Hope this one will be cheaper compared to the Snapdragon 820 version.
Other features are similar, including 12-megapixel (Ultrapixel) camera with Laser auto focus, optical image stabilization (OIS), f/1.8 aperture, 5-megapixel front-facing camera with f/1.8 aperture and OIS. It has full metal body, fingerprint sensor on the home button that can unlock the phone in 0.2 seconds, 24-bit hi-res DAC audio chip, BoomSound speakers and a 3000mAh built-in battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0.
HTC 10 Lifestyle specifications
- 5.2-inch (1440 x 2560 pixels) Quad HD Super LCD 5 display with 2.5D Gorilla Glass
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 652 64-bit processor with Adreno 510 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with HTC Sense 8.0 UI
- 12MP (HTC Ultrapixel 2) camera with dual-tone LED flash, 1.55um pixels, f/1.8 aperture, Laser AF, OIS, 4K video recording
- 5MP autofocus front-facing camera with 1.34um pixels, f/1.8 aperture, OIS, 23mm focal length, 86-degree wide angle
- HTC BoomSound, Dolby Audio, three noise cancellation microphones
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 145.9 x 71.9 x 3.0 – 9.0mm; Weight: 161 grams
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 ac/a/b/g/n (2.4 and 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2 and GPS with GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3000mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0
The HTC 10 Lifestyle comes in Carbon Grey, Glacier Silver and Topaz Gold colors. No word on the pricing or launch details for India yet.