HTC just announced HTC 10, the company’s latest flagship smartphone, as it had promised recently. It has a 5.2-inch Quad HD screen, is powered by a quad-core Snapdragon 820 SoC, has a 12 Ultrapixel camera with Laser auto focus, optical image stabilization (OIS), f/1.8 aperture and the camera can be launched in just 0.6 seconds. It also has a 5-megapixel front-facing camera with f/1.8 aperture and OIS. HTC says that it is the world’s first dual OIS smartphone.
It has full metal body, fingerprint sensor on the home button that can unlock the phone in 0.2 seconds, 24-bit hi-res DAC audio chip, BoomSound speakers and runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with HTC Sense 8.0 UI with Freestyle Layout that lets you place Stickers all over the wallpaper, with each sticker representing an application. It also has a new Boost+ app that includes a mode called smart boost, which automatically optimizes the device’s memory, help conserve battery during gameplay, and PowerBotics system auto detects and shuts down apps that use excessive power. It will also let you utilize App Lock functionality, which will allow you to lock any app of your choosing.
It has 3000mAh built-in battery with support for Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 that can charge up to 50% in 30 minutes. It also promises up to 2 days of battery life with normal use.
HTC 10 specifications
- 5.2-inch (1440 x 2560 pixels) Quad HD Super LCD 5 display with 2.5D Gorilla Glass
- Quad-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 64-bit processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 32/64GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with HTC Sense 8.0 UI
- 12MP (HTC Ultrapixel 2) camera with dual-tone LED flash, 1.55um pixels, f/1.8 aperture, Laser AF, OIS, 4K video recording
- 5MP autofocus front-facing camera with 1.34um pixels, f/1.8 aperture, OIS, 23mm focal length, 86-degree wide angle
- HTC BoomSound, Dolby Audio, three noise cancellation microphones
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 145.9 x 71.9 x 3.0 – 9.0mm; Weight: 161 grams
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 ac/a/b/g/n (2.4 and 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2 and GPS with GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3000mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0
The HTC 10 comes in Carbon Grey, Glacier Silver, Topaz Gold, and Camellia Red color, starts at US$699 (Rs. 46,420 approx.) and will roll out starting from early May.