Samsung has officially announced the Galaxy A9 Pro (SM-A9100), the company’s latest top-end smartphone in the ‘Galaxy A’ series in China, after it surfaced last month. It packs a 6-inch 1080p Super AMOLED display with 2.5D curved glass, is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 652 (Previously 620) processor and runs on Android 5.1 (Lollipop) and a 8-megapixel front-facing camera, similar to the A9, but this a 16-megapixel rear camera with optical image stabilization (OIS), 4GB of RAM and a 5000mAh battery.
It has dual SIM support with dedicated nano SIM slots and a microSD expansion slot. It has 4G LTE connectivity, fingerprint sensor under the home button and has metal frame and glass back similar to the Galaxy S6 series smartphones.
Samsung Galaxy A9 Pro specifications
- 6-inch (1920×1080 pixels) Full HD Super AMOLED display with 2.5D curved glass
- Octa Core Snapdragon 652 processor with Adreno 510 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 32GB Internal Storage, expandable memory upto 128GB via micro SD card
- Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop)
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 16MP rear camera, OIS, f/1.9 aperture, LED flash
- 8MP front camera, f/1.9 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, Bluetooth v 4.1, ANT+, NFC
- 5000mAh battery, Fast Charging
The Samsung Galaxy A9 Pro comes in White, Gold and Rose Gold colors and is priced at 3499 yuan ($539 / Rs. 35765 approx.) in China. No word on the global roll out yet.