Xiaomi Redmi 3 smartphone got cerfited by TENAA in China back in December last year and it was officially announced in January earlier this year. Now a variant of the Redmi 3 has been certified by TENAA. This has almost similar specifications as the Redmi 3 and also includes a fingerprint sensor on the back, similar to the Redmi Note 3.
It also reveals a 3000mAh battery, instead of 4000mAh battery on the Redmi 3, but it is highly doubtful since the weight remains the same.
Xiaomi Redmi 3 (Prime/Pro) rumored specifications
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS display
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 616 ( 4 x 1.2 GHz Cortex A53 + 4 x 1.5 GHz Cortex A53) 64-bit processor with Adreno 405 GPU
- 2GB LPDDR3 RAM, 16GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- MIUI 7 based on Android Lollipop
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano / microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with PDAF, LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording
- Dimensions: 139.3 x 69.6 x 8.5mm; Weight: 143g
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS + GLONASS
- 4000mAh / 3000mAh battery
The upcoming Xiaomi Redmi 3 variant will come in in Grey, Silver and Gold colors. It is expected to be announced officially in coming weeks and could be called the Redmi 3 Prime.