Fitbit today introduced Alta, its latest slim, sleek and fashionable fitness tracker. It has satin finish, stainless steel body and has a range of optional stylish interchangeable bands in multiple popular colors and premium materials. In addition to activity, exercise and sleep tracker, it offers reminders to move to motivate you to stay active throughout the day, while providing visual feedback on your progress and keeping you connected with the smart notifications.
Features of Fitbit Alta
- Reminders to Move help you stay active and reduce stationary time.
- SmartTrack automatic exercise recognition provides a smarter, easier way to track workouts and see how exercise fits into your daily activity, giving you credit toward your weekly goals.
- Weekly exercise goals in the Fitbit app encourage you to find and embrace a more consistent fitness routine that works for you.
- All-day activity and automatic sleep tracking give you the foundational real-time health and fitness stats you need to track your progress, stay motivated and keep informed to reach your goals.
- Sleek, modular design features a satin finish, stainless steel tracker with a custom, quick-release feature that allows you to wear Fitbit Alta as your favorite accessory at work and then swap your band instantly for a workout-friendly wristband.
- Stylish interchangeable accessory bands designed with attractive, premium materials including classic fitness wristbands, soft, premium hide leather bracelets with a beautiful natural grain, and a luxurious, hand-polished silver bangle – engineered to ensure all-day comfort, giving you the freedom to find the look that feels like you.
- Easy-to-read, vibrant OLED tap display shows your activity stats and the time, which can be personalized using a variety of portrait or landscape clock face options.
- Stay connected with the smart notifications you need . Using Bluetooth Smart connectivity, Fitbit Alta delivers call, text and calendar notifications right on your wrist when your phone is nearby through on-screen messages and a gentle vibrating alert.
- Long battery life of up to 5 days 4 on a single charge lets you live your life, track your activity all day and your sleep all night, with the assurance you won’t lose a step.
- Compatible with Android, iOS, Windows mobile devices and computers
The Fitbit Alta comes in black, blue, teal or plum fitness band with a satin finish, silver stainless steel tracker at launch and will be available in gold stainless steel later, and is priced at $129.95 (Rs. 8,830 approx.). It will be available for order today from Fitbit.com and tomorrow at major US retailers, including Amazon, Best Buy and more. It will be available in North America beginning in March 2016 and will roll out globally starting in April 2016 .
Several accessories available at the launch include, Classic fitness bands in black, blue, teal and plum at $29.95 and Luxe soft, premium hide leather bands in graphite and blush pink at $59.95. Luxe hand-polished stainless steel silver bangle at $99.95 will be available in summer and shiny gold bangle will come later this year.
[Update: Fitbit has announced that Alta will be available in India in March at Rs. 12,999 exclusively on Amazon India, and across Reliance Digital, Croma, Helios, Jumbo and Vijay Sales retail stores.]