OPPO recently announced that it will launch camera-centric ‘F series’ smartphones this year in India, and F1 will be the first phone in the series, which will launch on January 28th. Now the smartphone has gone official (Via) in Vietnam. The main highlight of the smartphone is the 8-megapixel front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, 1/4″ sensor and software features such as Beautify 3.0, 8 live color filters, and option to use the screen as a flash light to capture better images in low lighting conditions.
It also has a 13-megapixel rear camera with f/2.2 sensor and LED flash. It has a 5-inch HD screen with 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection, is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 616 processor, runs on Android 5.1 (Lollipop) with Color OS 2.1, has 4G LTE connectivity and has hybrid SIM slot that lets you use the secondary nano SIM slot as a microSD slot when required.
OPPO F1 specifications
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS display with 2.5D Gorilla Glass 4 protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 616 ( 4 x 1.2 GHz Cortex A53 + 4 x 1.5 GHz Cortex A53) 64-bit processor with Adreno 405 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 16GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 5.1 (Lollipop) with Color OS 2.1
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano / microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture
- Dimensions: 143.5 x 71 x 7.25mm; Weight: 134g
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- 2500mAh battery
The OPPO F1 comes in Golden color, is priced at 6,490,000 Vietnamese Dongs (US$ 290 / Rs. 19,365 approx.) and is now available for order in Vietnam. It will ship starting from January 21st. We will get the price of the smartphone in India when it launches on January 28th.