Karbonn has launched K9 Smart, the company’s latest entry-level smartphone. It has a 5-inch FWVGA IPS display, is powered by a 1.2 GHz dual-core processor and runs on Android 4.4 (KitKat). It has a 3.2-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera. It comes with dual SIM support and 3G connectivity.
It supports 12 Indian languages at the system level, phone/contacts access in 11 languages and typing support in 21 languages.
Karbonn K9 Smart specifications
- 5-inch (854 x 480 pixels) display
- 1.2GHz dual-core processor
- 512MB RAM, 8GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 32GB with microSD
- Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- Dual SIM with dual standby
- 3.2MP rear camera with LED Flash
- 1.3MP front-facing camera
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 144.7×74.1×10.1mm; Weight:146.3g
- 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 2300mAh battery
The Karbonn K9 Smart comes in Black color and is priced at Rs. 3,990.
Commenting on the launch, Shashin Devsare, Executive Director, Karbonn Mobiles said:
With the launch of the K9 Smart, the company aims to dissolve language barriers, which are a major impediment inhibiting smartphone adoption among the non English speaking population.
The growing consumption of local language content on mobile phones is a clear indicator of the need for vernacularising the smartphone ecosystem for bridging the gaping digital divide.