Xiaomi Redmi 3 with metal body was certified by TENAA last month. Now, the company has released a teaser which suggests that the Redmi 3 will be announced on January 12.
The teaser released by the Chinese smartphone maker on Weibo shows the back of the Redmi 3 that sports a metal body with patterns. The Mi logo is also seen at the lower back. In addition, the listing also confirms a 5-inch display on the phone.
Xiaomi Redmi 3 rumored specifications
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS display
- 1.5 GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 617 processor with Adreno 405 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 32GB with micro SD
- MIUI based on Android 5.1 (Lollipop)
- Dual SIM
- 8MP or 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 139.3×69.6×8.5mm; Weight: 143g
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 4000mAh battery
The Xiaomi Redmi 3 is expected to come in Dark Grey, Silver and Champagne Gold colors. Just yesterday, Xiaomi confirmed that the Mi 5 with Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 will be announced in February after Chinese New Year that falls on February 8.