Asus announced Zenfone Max with a 5000mAh battery at the ZenFestival in India back in August last year, finally it has launched the smartphone in the country. It has a 5.5-inch HD screen, is powered by a Snapdragon 410 SoC and runs on Android 5.0 (Lollipop). It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with real-tone LED flash, Laser auto focus and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera. It has dual SIM support with 4G connectivity on both.
It has a leather-like back cover and can also be used to charge other devices using a USB on-the-go (OTG) cable.
Asus Zenfone Max (ZC550KL) specifications
- 5.5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) display with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection
- 1 GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 410 processor with Adreno 306 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 64GB with microSD
- Android 5.0 (Lollipop) with Zen UI 2.0
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with f/2.0 aperture, Real Tone flash, Laser Auto Focus
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture and 85-degree wide-angle lens
- Dimensions: 77.5x156x10.55 mm; Weight: 202g
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 5000mAh (non-removable) battery
Commenting on the launch, Peter Chang, Region Head – South Asia & Country Manager for ASUS India said:
Timed perfectly with the new year, ZenFone Max takes our vision of providing luxury at an affordable price further. It combines a powerful battery with an innovative camera making it the perfect utility product for users who demand performance at all times. We are sure the phone will be appreciated by our patrons and take us a step closer to repeating the success we saw last year.