The LG G4 is one of the first Android smartphones outside the Nexus and Android One family to receive the update to Android 6.0 Marshmallow. The roll out began in the later half of October with G4s in Poland getting the update first. Now, the update is apparently hitting the G4 across parts of Europe.
The update is around 1.55GB in size and is available for users to update onto their phones via LG Bridge. LG Bridge is a software for computers that allows users to sync their phone’s contents onto the computer and vice versa. So far, most of the users who have been able to successfully update their phone have been from Germany and own the model H815.
There is a list that is rumored to indicate the first stage rollout regions and models. This can be seen below although we aren’t sure just how accurate it is
- LGH815 PRT PORTUGAL PT Portugal Europe 2015-11-26
- LGH815 POL POLAND PL Poland Europe 2015-11-26
- LGH815 ROM ROMANIA RO Romania Europe 2015-11-26
- LGH815 DEU GERMANY DE Germany Europe 2015-11-26
- LGH815 EAP AMAZON ES Spain Europe 2015-11-26
- LGH815 ESP SPAIN ES Spain Europe 2015-11-26
- LGH815TR TUR TURKEY TR Turkey Mid. East/Africa 2015-11-26
- LGH815 VDS VODAFONE ES Spain Europe 2015-11-25
- LGH815 TWN TWN TW Taiwan China 2015-11-25
- LGH815 VDF VODAFONE GB United Kingdom Europe 2015-11-25
- LGH815 VIP VIP HR Croatia Europe 2015-11-25
- LGH815 VDH VODAFONE HU Hungary Europe 2015-11-25
- LGH815 VDP VODAFONE PT Portugal Europe 2015-11-25
- LGH815 SWC SWISSCOM CH Switzerland Europe 2015-11-25
- LGH815 VDR VODAFONE RO Romania Europe 2015-11-25
- LGH815 VD2 VODAFONE DE Germany Europe 2015-11-25
The update to Marshmallow brings quite a few improvements and changes such as Doze, permissions etc. But it also updates the Knock code feature and renames some apps an refines others. Have you been able to get the update for your G4 yet? If so, do let us know your impressions in the comments section below.