Last week Xiaomi’s Co-founder and President, Lin Bin, posted teaser image of an upcoming Redmi Note series smartphone that will be unveiled tomorrow, November 24th. It was expected to be called the Redmi Note 2 Pro, but Xiaomi today confirmed that it will be released as the Redmi Note 3, which will be the successor of Redmi Note 2 that was introduced back in August.
Xiaomi also released another teaser image showing off the smartphone in three colors – Gold, Silver and Grey. The Redmi Note 3 has unibody metal build. As we already know, the smartphone has a fingerprint sensor on the back.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 rumored specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS display
- 2GHz Octa-Core MediaTek Helio X10 (MT6795) processor with PowerVR G6200 GPU
- 2GB / 3GB LPDDR3 RAM, 16GB / 32GB internal memory, expandable memory with microSD
- MIUI 7 based on Android 5.0 (Lollipop)
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 149.98×75.96×8.75mm; Weight: 165.97g
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac/b/g/n ( 2.4 / 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.0, GPS + GLONASS
There might be a Redmi Note 3 Prime as well with faster 2.2GHz Helio X10 SoC and 32GB of internal storage, like the Redmi Note 2 Prime. We will know all the details about the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3, MiPad 2 and possibly the first Xiaomi smartwatch tomorrow.