Lenovo has announced the Vibe X3 which is the successor to the Vibe X2 from last year. The device will be available in two different variants with one end having better features and higher end specifications.
While the Vibe X2 had a flat rectangular layered design with rounded edges, the Vibe X3 opts for a totally different design that is curvier and more ‘palm-friendly’ than its predecessor. Like we mentioned earlier there are two different variants and while the design doesn’t change much, the internals do change quite a bit. The variant with slightly inferior specs will likely be called the Vibe X3 Lite (Pictured below).
However the display on both units remains the same. Both the models will have a 5.5″ Full HD Display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection.
Lenovo Vibe X3 (Common Specifications)
- 5.5″ 1080p Display with Gorilla Glass 3
- 3 Amplifiers (For noise and echo cancellation as well as for music playback)
- Dolby Atmos Certified Audio
- Fingerprint Sensor (At the back)
- Hybrid DualSIM Slot
- 4G LTE
Lenovo Vibe X3 Specifications
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 Hexa-Core Processor
- 3GB RAM, 32GB or 64GB Storage (128GB microSD Support)
- 21 Megapixel Rear Camera with Sony IMX230 Sensor, Phase Detection Autofocus and 4K Video Recording
- 8 Megapixel Front Facing Camera
- 3600mAH Battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0
Lenovo Vibe X3 Lite Specifications
- 1.3GHz Mediatek MT6753 Octa-Core Processor
- 2GB RAM, 16GB Storage (microSD Support upto 128GB)
- 13 Megapixel Rear Camera
- 5 Megapixel Front Facing Camera
- 3400Mah Battery
Besides the specs, there are slight difference in terms of design especially at the back where the dual tone LED flash is place below the camera sensor on the Vibe X3 but is placed to the right of the camera sensor on the X3 Lite. The back panel is also said to be removable on the Vibe X3 Lite but looks like it is non-removable on the Vibe X3. The phones are already up for pre-order in China in case you want to get your hands on one. The 64GB Vibe X3 will set you back 2999 Yuan (Around US$ 470 or Rs 31,000) while the 32GB Vibe X3 will cost 2499 Yuan (Around US$ 390 or Rs 25,800). The Vibe X3 Lite will be the cheapest at a price of 1899 Yuan (Around US$ 300 or Rs 19,600). As of now Lenovo haven’t announced the availability of either model outside of China.