Huawei has announced the Honor Play 5X, the company’s latest smartphone in the Honor Play series in China. It has a 5.5-inch 1080p display with 72.5% screen-to-body ratio, is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 615 processor and runs on Android 5.1 (Lollipop) with EMUI 3.1 on top. It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with Sony or Samsung sensor, LED flash and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera. It has unibody metal build and a fingerprint sensor 2.0 on the back that can unlock the phone in under 0.5 seconds.
It comes in 3GB RAM and 2GB RAM versions. Both have 16GB of internal storage and expansion slot. It also has dedicated dual SIM slots and comes with 4G connectivity.
Huawei Honor Play 5X specifications
- 5.5-inch (1080 x 1920 pixels) Full HD IPS display
- 1.5 GHz Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 (MSM8939) processor with Adreno 405 GPU
- 3GB RAM / 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (micro + nano)
- Android 5.1 (Lollipop) with EMUI 3.1
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, Sony / Samsung sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 28mm wide-angle 5P lens
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.4 aperture, 22mm wide-angle lens, 1.4 micron pixel size
- Dimensions: 151.3×76.3×8.15mm; Weight: 158
- Fingerprint sensor, Box speakers with Smart PA audio chip
- 4G LTE / 3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- 3000mAh battery
The Huawei Honor Play 5X comes in Silver and Sunset Gold colors and is priced at 1399 Yuan (US$ 220 / Rs. 14,320 approx.) for the 3GB RAM version and 999 Yuan (US$ 157 / Rs. 10,225 approx.) for the 2GB RAM variant. It is now available for order in China and ships from November 3rd.