Panasonic has launched Toughpad FZ-Y1, the world’s first 20-inch tablet PC with 4K resolution display in India for enterprise customers. It was first showcased at the CES 2013 and has 5th generation Intel Core vPro processor, 8 GB RAM and multiple input ports. It is aimed at professionals in fields where visual clarity and collaboration are essential, said the company. It also has scratch resistant glass, which can withstand drop resistance up to 76 cm and runs on Windows 8.1 Pro operating system.
Panasonic Toughpad FZ-Y1
- 20-inch (3840 x 2560 pixels) 10 finger capacitive multi-touchscreen with 15:10 aspect ratio, 230 ppi with scratch resistant glass
- Intel Core i5-5300U vPro processor (2.3 GHz, 3MB Intel Smart Cache)
- 8GB DDRL SDRAM, 256 GB Solid State Drive, expandable memory up to 64GB with microSD
- HD (720p) Front camera
- Intel Dual Band Wireles-AC 7265 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, Version 4.0 + EDR Class 1, USB 3.0, Gigabit LAN, HDMI 2.0 (4K), Mini DisplayPort, Port replicator connector
- Ambient light sensor, Magnetic Sensor, Gyro sensor, Acceleration sensorSmart Card Reader
- Dimensions: 475 mm x 334 mm x 12.5 mm; Weight: 2.41 kg
- 4770mAh battery
The Panasonic Toughpad FZ-Y1 is priced at Rs. 2.4 lakhs.
Commenting on the launch, Gunjan Sachdev, National Business Head, Toughbook, Panasonic India, said:
As an industry leader in the enterprise space, Panasonic’s newest tablet PC is a pioneering device which is unrivalled in the large screen 4K tablet segment. The FZ-Y1 is our newest enhancement of our Toughpad portfolio, prioritizing the mobility infrastructure of businesses with a large format, high-resolution display. Panasonic offers complete customization of its rugged IT devices, which are enterprise-focused and designed to cater to a range of business verticals. We have designed this model in response to customer input, offering an unprecedented monitor capability for professionals who desire technological innovation in a one-stop tablet PC.