OnePlus CEO Liu Zuohu aka Pete Lau has hinted on weibo (via) about the upcoming OnePlus X smartphone. Since the company has sent out invites for its event in India to announce The Next Big Step and Pete Lau will be attending the event, there are chances that the OnePlus X aka OnePlus mini will be unveiled at the event.
OnePlus X / mini rumored specifications
- 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD display with 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Octa-Core MediaTek Helio X10 (MT6795T) SoC with PowerVR G6200 GPU
- 2GB LPPDR3 RAM, 32GB internal storage, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 5.1 (Lollipop) based Oxygen OS
- 13MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, Sony IMX258 sensor, 4K video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera, wide-angle lens, 1080p video recording
- Fingerprint scanner, Infrared sensor
- Dust and Water Resistant (IP67)
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM radio, 1.2W front-facing speaker
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4/5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3,000mAh / 3,100mAh built-in battery with fast charging
According to earlier rumors, the OnePlus X or mini will go on sale in November or December and is rumored to be priced around $250 (Rs. 16,300 approx.). Today OnePlus announced the first open sale for the OnePlus 2 smartphone in India and other countries on October 12. We will have to wait for few more days to find out what OnePlus has to offer.