BlackBerry Venice, the company’s upcoming slider smartphone will launch as BlackBerry Priv, according to Evan Blass of @evleaks. This has been confirmed by N4BB’s sources. He also posted a new press image of the smartphone that shows its huge display, slider keyboard and the speaker grill.
The BlackBerry Priv will run forked version of Android Lollipop with important BB10 features such as Productivity Suite, Communication Suite and Security Suite, and its own apps to differentiate the phone from other Android devices. Live images of the slider that surfaced last week showed off some of those features.
BlackBerry Priv (Venice) rumored specifications
- 5.4-inch (2560 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD display
- 4-row BlackBerry slider keyboard
- Hexa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 ( 4x 1.44GHz ARM A53 + 2 x 1.8 GHz ARM A57 ) 64-bit processor with Adreno 418 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB of internal memory, expandable memory with microSD
- Android Lollipop
- 18MP rear camera with dual LED Flash, OIS, PDAF
- 5MP front-facing camera
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.1 LE, GPS + GLONASS
- 3,650mAh battery
The BlackBerry Priv is rumored to launch on all the four major U.S. carriers, Sprint, T-Mobile, AT&T and Verizon in November.