Vivo has launched X5Pro, the company’s latest high-end smartphone in the X series in India. It packs a 5.2-inch 1080p Super AMOLED display. It has 2.5D curved glasses and Corning Gorilla Glass protection on the font and back. It is powered by Octa-Core 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor and runs on Funtouch OS based on Android 5.0 (Lollipop). It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED Flash and a 8-megapixel front-facing camera.
The rear camera has phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF), resulting in a quick focus and facial recognition technology for smart beauty mode. It promises Hi-Fi audio experience with custom Cirrus Logic DAC AK4375 audio chip. It has a 6.44mm slim metal frame. It has 4G LTE connectivity, including support for 4G LTE bands (TDD B40 2300MHz and FDD B3 1800MHz) for India.
Vivo X5Pro specifications
- 5.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Super AMOLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Octa-Core 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 (MSM8939) (ARM Cortex A53 – 4×1.5GHz + 4×1.0GHz) processor with Adreno 405 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Funtouch OS based on Android 5.0 (Lollipop)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (second nano SIM slot can also be used as microSD slot)
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, 1080p video recording
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/2.4 aperture
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 2450mAh battery
The Vivo X5Pro is priced at Rs. 27,980 and will be available across India starting from August 15th. Pre- booking for the sale on vivo India official website vivoglobal.in will start midnight today. Customers who book the phone before 31st July stand a chance to win exciting gifts and one lucky winner every day will stand a chance to win an X5Pro, said the company.
Commenting on the launch, Alex Feng, CEO, vivo India, said:
Today we are here to celebrate our flagship innovation for the Indian market. We are confident that this model will not only delight the Smartphone fans, but will also set the benchmark for next-generation design, manufacture and Hi-Fi music performance in the industry. Along with it, comes our extreme commitment to quality service pan India.
Hitesh Arora contributed to the report