Intex has officially launched its iRist smartwatch at the MWC Shanghai. This has a built-in 3G SIM support with support for make or receive calls and SMS. It runs on full Android 4.4.2 OS with Google Play Store, and Intex says that it is the first Indian company to launch an Android-powered smartwatch.
It has a 5-megapixel camera on the right side and two physical buttons. Check out the complete specifications of the smartwatch. It is also dust and water resistant and comes with a pedometer.
Intex iRist specifications
- 1.56-inch (240 x 240 pixels) OLED display with Sapphire glass protection
- 1.2GHz dual-core MediaTek MT6572 SoC
- 512MB RAM, 4GB internal memory (1.3GB user memory), expandable memory up to 32GB with microSD
- 5MP camera with 720p video recording
- Make and Receive calls, SMS
- Dust and water resistant (IP65)
- Dimensions: 44x44x14mm; Weight: 83g
- 3G, WiFi, Bluetooth, 4.0, GPS/ A-GPS
- 600mAh battery with up to 240 minutes talk time and up to 200h standby
The Intex iRist comes in Black, Orange and Pink colors and is priced at Rs. 11,999. It will go on sale early August and will be available exclusively from eBay.in initially. It also comes with a Bluetooth Stereo headset in the box. We will bring you the hands-on impressions of the smartwatch from the event soon.
Commenting on the launch, Keshav Bansal, Director, Intex Technologies said:
We are stepping into a new era of innovation with the launch of the IRist. Today through this platform we have established our brand as a global dimensional entity that believes in bringing the best in class technology through its products. With the announcement of this new wearable by Intex, we are introducing a different category of products to our audience. We aim at taking home the advanced technology by our brand in order to familiarize the masses with the feature rich products which add convenience to their lives. We have always believed in improving the quality of life of people by empowering them with latest technological products at affordable price.