LG has officially launched the G4, the company’s latest flagship smartphone in India. It packs a 5.5-inch (2560 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD Quantum display, is powered by a 1.8 GHz hexa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 processor and runs on Android 5.1 (Lollipop) with LG UX 4.0. It has a 16-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, Laser AF for fast focus, Manual mode with RAW image capture, OIS 2.0 and a 8-megapixel front-facing camera.
Bollywood actor Amitabh Bachchan unveiled the LG G4 at the event in Mumbai. It has dual SIM support and 4G LTE connectivity with support for LTE bands for India. It also has textured leather back.
LG G4 Specifications
- 5.5-inch (2560×1440 pixels) Quad HD In-cell Touch Quantum display at 538 ppi
- 1.8 GHz hexa-core Snapdragon 808 processor with Adreno 418 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB internal memory, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 5.1 (Lollipop)
- Dual SIM
- 16MP rear camera with OIS 2.0, F1.8 aperture, LED Flash, Laser Auto Focus and 4K video recording
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions – 148.9×76.1×9.8-6.3; Weight: 155 grams
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.1 LE (APT-x) , GPS, NFC, Slim Port
- 3,000 mAh removable battery, wireless charging with Quick Circle cover
The LG G4 comes in Black, Red and Brown colors with leather finish and is priced at Rs. 51,000 in India.
Commenting on the launch, Soon Kwon, Managing Director, LG India said,
We are really proud to bring the LG G4 to India. With this smartphone, we are living up to our promise of Innovation for a Better Life. This is a fashionable, premium smartphone that is more focused on delivering a balanced user experience. With the G4, we are giving users a truly human centric device that combines the analog sensibilities with technologies that deliver real world performance. The G4 is by far the most ambitious phone from LG.