It’s been a long time coming but the Samsung Galaxy S6 active is finally official. The specifications are hardly a mystery and are more or less the same as the regular Galaxy S6. The principle differences of course are that the phone is water resistant up to 1.5 metres due to the IP68 certified casing. Additionally, the handset is shock resistant, dust proof. A major improvement is the inclusion of a much larger 3,500 mAh battery that should allow for greater autonomy while using the handset.
Samsung Galaxy S6 active specifications
- 5.1-inch Quad HD Super AMOLED display with 577ppi
- 16MP rear-facing and 5MP front-facing cameras
- Android 5.0.2 (Lollipop)
- Exynos 7420 Octa-core 64-bit processor with 3GB RAM
- 32GB of internal memory
- The Samsung Galaxy S6 active features a 3500mAh and embedded wireless charging technology
- Outdoor Features: Activity Zone is the ideal companion for outdoor adventures, and includes a quick launching compass, flashlight, stopwatch, and more.
- Colors: Camo White, Camo Blue, or Gray.
The phone is available exclusively on AT&T and there’s no word of an international release at the moment.