Panasonic has launched Eluga S Mini, the company’s latest smartphone in the Eluga series and a smaller version of Eluga S that was launched last year. It has a 4.7-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS display, but other features are similar to the Eluga S, including a a 1.4 GHz True Octa-Core processor, Android 4.4 (KitKat), 8-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera.
The BLINK PLAY feature lets users capture selfies or groupies with the front-facing camera by just blinking your eyes to capture the image on an automatic three-second countdown.
Panasonic Eluga S Mini specifications
- 4.7-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS display
- 1.4 GHz True Octa-Core processor
- 1GB RAM, 8GB internal memory, 32GB expandable memory with MicroSD
- Android 4.4 (KitKat) with FIT HOME UI
- Dual SIM
- 8MP rear camera with LED Flash, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 137.5 x 68.4 x 5.7-9.45mm; Weight: 135g
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio with RDS
- 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 1980mAh battery
The Panasonic Eluga S Mini comes in Frost White and Shadow Grey colors and is priced at Rs. 8,990.
Commenting on the launch, Manish Sharma, Managing Director, Panasonic India, said:
With the launch of the new smartphone, we are here to offer a new dimension to the Eluga S category; wherein the model has been targeted at the younger generation – the always-on-the-go college youth. Keeping in mind the affordability aspect, this device is perfect for consumers looking for innovation, design, superior build quality and advanced features.
Pankaj Rana, Business Head – Mobility Division, Panasonic India said:
Indian customers desire multiple options for whatever they start liking, we worked on the consumer demand and came up with a Mini version of ELUGA S, however upgraded with an innovative Frost-effect design.