Samsung’s Galaxy Tab S2 has surfaced online in a leaked image. The upcoming tablet from Samsung is expected to sport a 9.7 inch display with resolution of 2048 x 1536 pixels.
@OnLeaks, the popular leakster has revealed an image of the Galaxy Tab S2 on his Twitter account. As per previous reports, the Tab S2 is expected to be just 5.4mm thin, making it thinner than the iPad Air 2 that is 6.1mm thick. The tablet is said to be coming in two variants, 8-inch and 9.7-inch, in both LTE and WiFi-only variants. As per the leaked image, the tablet seems to have a metallic frame around it.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S 2 (9.7) rumored specifications
- 9.7-inch (2048×1536 pixel) Super AMOLED display
- Octa-Core Exynos 5433 or 7420 processor
- 3GB RAM, 16GB / 32GB internal memory, microSD (up to 128 GB)
- Android 5.0.2 (Lollipop)
- Dimensions 237.1×168.8×5.4mm, and weighs 407g
- 8MP rear camera with LED flash
- 2.1MP front-facing camera
- 4G LTE (Cat.6), Bluetooth, WiFi, GPS, GLONASS
- 5,870mAh battery
Samsung will likely announce the Galaxy Tab S2 in June.
[Update] – Another image of the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 has surfaced and this time it gives a peek at the back of the device. The image shows that the tablet will be available with cellular network connectivity as a SIM card slot and a microSD card slot are seen on side by side. Also, the latest image reveals micro USB post and 3.5mm audio jack along with speakers.