Oppo has launched Oppo Joy Plus, the company’s latest budget Android smartphone and the successor of last year’s Oppo Joy in India. It has a 4-inch (800 x 480 pixels) WVGA IPS ultra-sensitive touch screen with glove mode, is powered by a 1.3 GHz dual core processor and runs on Android 4.4 (KitKat) with Color OS 2.0. It has a 3-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a 0.3-megapixel (VGA) front-facing camera. It has 3G connectivity and dual SIM support. Apart from the Android version, the RAM has also been upped to 1GB, compared to 512MB on the Oppo Joy.
Commenting on the new launch, Tom Lu, CEO, OPPO Mobile India said,
Our aim at OPPO India is to provide our customers with ground-breaking technology at affordable prices. The Smartphone market in India is constantly evolving and we intend to reach across sections through our budget Smartphone, Joy Plus. We are looking at aggressive market penetration this year and we are confident that Joy Plus, packed with latest features will provide our customers more personal and reliable mobile experience.
Oppo Joy Plus specifications
- 4-inch (800 ×480 pixels) WVGA sensitive touch screen display
- 1.3 GHz dual-core MediaTek MT6572 processor
- 1GB RAM, 4GB of internal memory, Expandable memory up to 32GB with micro SD
- Android 4.4 (ColorOS 2.0)
- Dual SIM (normal + micro)
- 3MP rear camera
- 0.3MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 124×63 x 9.9mm; Weight: 125g
- 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth, GPS
- 1700 mAh battery
The Oppo Joy comes in Blue and White colors and is priced at Rs. 6,990.