Sony has announced the Xperia Z4, the company’s latest flagship at an event in Japan. It has the same 5.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Triluminos Display similar to the Z3, but this is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 810 processor. It runs on Android 5.0 (Lollipop) and is just 6.9mm thick. It has Sony’s Omni balance design with glass back and aluminium frame.
It has a 20.7-megapixel rear camera with 1/2.3″ Sony Exmor RS image sensor, BIONZ image processing engine, 4K video recording and a 5.1-megapixel 1080p front-facing camera with EXMOR R sensor and digital image stabilization. It has IPX5 / IPX8 ratings for dust and water resistance. It doesn’t have any covering for USB and 3.5mm jack like earlier Z series smartphones. It also has Sony’s new LDAC audio compression codec that promises high-quality wireless music playback and high-quality music experience.
Sony Xperia Z4 specifications
- 5.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Triluminos Display with Live Colour LED powered by X-Reality engine, 600 cd brightness
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 processor with Adreno 430 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB via microSD card
- Android 5.0 (Lollipop)
- 20.7MP Primary Camera with Exmos RS sensor, 1/2.3″ 4K video recording
- 5.1MP front-facing camera with Exmor R sensor, 25mm wide-angle lens
- 6.9mm thick and weighs 144 grams
- IPX5 / IPX8 rating for dust and water resistance
- Sony DSEE HX audio technology, LDAC codec
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio with RDS
- 4G LTE /3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11a / b / g / n / ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS/ GLONASS, MHL 3.0, NFC
- 2930mAh Battery with STAMINA mode
The Sony Xperia Z4 comes in White, Black, Copper and Aqua Green colors. No details about the pricing or roll out details yet.