HTC unveiled the Desire 826 smartphone at the CES earlier this year. It is launching in India soon, according to Mumbai-based retailer Mahesh Telecom. It has a 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) display, is powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor ( four Cortex A53 cores clocked at 1.7 GHz per core and four clocked at 1.0 GHz) with Adreno 405 GPU and runs on Android 5.0 Lollipop with HTC Sense UI on top.
It has a 13-megapixel front and rear cameras and dual-front-facing BoomSound speakers with Dolby audio. The variant launching has dual SIM with LTE connectivity in both the SIM cards.
HTC Desire 826 specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) display
- Octa-Core (1.7 GHz & 1.0 GHz) Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor with Adreno 405 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 5.0 Lollipop with HTC Sense UI
- Dual nano SIM
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, BSI sensor, 28mm lens, 1080p video recording
- 13MP front-facing camera, f.2.0 aperture
- 3.5 mm headset jack
- 7.74mm thick and weighs 155 grams
- HTC BoomSound, Dual frontal stereo speakers with built-in amplifiers, Dolby Audio
- 4G LTE Cat.4 / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11a/b/g/n (2.4 & 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX, GPS
- 2600 mAh battery
The HTC Desire 826 comes in a White Birch, Blue Lagoon and Purple Fire colors with dual-tone finish and is priced at Rs. 26,200, according to the retailer, who says that stocks are expected in two to three days. It is expected to launch officially early next week.
[Update: HTC has officially launched the Desire 826 smartphone in India for Rs. 25,990]