Sony just announced that it has started rolling out Android 5.0.2 (Lollipop) update starting from the Xperia Z3 and Xperia Z3 Compact smartphones. It will roll out from Nordics and Baltics. It already promised that it will offer Lollipop update for the entire Xperia Z series devices. Today the company has announced that it will offer Lollipop updates for more Xperia Z Series devices in around two weeks.
New features in Android 5.0 Lollipop update for Sony Xperia Z3 and Z3 Compact
- Fresh, streamlined looks – based on Google’s material design, but retaining our minimalistic approach to interface and application design.
- New look notifications and lock screen – with fully customizable settings, so you only get the information you really need.
- Multi user profiles and guest mode – making it easy for family and friends to use your device, or the creation of dual environments for work and play.
- Android for Work – not only are business-ready Xperia smartphones and tablets unique devices for work – with waterproof form factors, great battery life and productivity features – they will now also be part of the Android for Work ecosystem.
- Better storage control and customisation – with the option to easily move applications from internal memory to SD card – giving you more control over your content, particularly useful for devices with slightly less space.
The roll out might vary across different carriers and countries.. We went hands-on with the Sony Xperia Z3 running on Android 5.0 at the MWC 2015 earlier this month. Check out the video.