Xiaomi has launched the MiPad in India, as expected. It was announced last year, packs a 7.9-inch (2048 × 1536 pixels) display at 326 ppi, manufactured by Sharp / AUO and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection, is powered by a 2.2 GHz NVIDIA Tegra K1 processor with 192-core Kepler GPU and runs on Android-based MIUI ROM optimized for tablets. It has a 8-megapixel rear camera with 5-element lens, Sony BSI sensor, f/2.0 aperture and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera with OmniVision sensor and f/2.0 aperture.
Xiaomi MiPad specifications
- 7.9-inch (2048 × 1536 pixels) display at 326 ppi with 4:3 aspect ratio and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 2.2 GHz NVIDIA Tegra K1 processor with 192-core Kepler GPU
- 2GB of RAM, 16GB of internal storage, up to 128GB expandable memory with microSD
- Android-based MiUI ROM
- 8MP rear camera with Sony BSI stacked sensor, 1080p video recording, f/2.0 aperture
- 5MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- 8.5mm thick and weighs 360 grams
- WiFi 802.11/b/g/n/ac Dual Band (2X2 MIMO), Bluetooth 4.0
- 6700 mAh battery
The Xiaomi MiPad comes in white color and is priced at Rs. 12,999. It will be available through Flipkart starting from March 24th without registration. Check out our MiPad Unboxing and Benchmarks. We will bring you the complete review of the tablet soon.