Xiaomi just announced the Xiaomi Mi Note, the company’s latest flagship smartphone at an event in China, Beijing. It has a 5.7-inch 1080p 2.5D curved glass display from JDI with just 0.3mm bezel on the sides and Corning Gorilla Glass Protection, is powered by a 2.5 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 801 processor with Adreno 330 GPU and runs on MIUI on top of Android 4.4 (KitKat)It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with Optical Image Stabilization (OIS), dual-tone LED flash, Sony BSI sensor,6P lenses and a 4-megapixel front-facing camera with pixel size of 2 microns.
Even the back has a 3D curved Gorilla Glass 3 protection. It has ESS ES9018K2M chip with 192kHz / 24bit studio-quality audio decoding and TI’s OPA1612 amplifier for better audio output.
Xiaomi Mi Note specifications
- 5.7-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) IPS display with 386 PPI resolution, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 2.5 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 801 processor with Adreno 330 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 16 / 64 GB internal memory
- MIUI on top of Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- Dual SIM (micro + nano)
- 13MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, OIS, Sony IMX214 BSI sensor, 6-element lens, f/2.0 aperture, 4K video recording
- 4MP front-facing camera
- 6.95mm thick and weighs 161 grams
- 4G LTE , WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4/5 GHz), WiFi Direct, Bluetooth 4.1 and GPS
- 3000mAh battery
The Xiaomi Mi Note comes in black and white colors and is priced at 2299 Chinese Yuan ( US$ 371 / Rs. 22,930 approx) for the 16GB variant and the 64GB variant costs 2799 Chinese Yuan ( US$ 451 / Rs. 27,875 approx). It goes on sale in China later this month, but no details about the global roll out yet. Xiaomi has also announced the Mi Note Pro with a Quad HD display, Snapdragon 810 SoC and 4GB RAM.