HTC has unveiled the Desire 826, the company’s latest phablet at the CES 2015 as expected. It has the 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) display, compared to HD display on Desire 816 and Desire 820, but this is powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor ( four Cortex A53 cores clocked at 1.5 GHz per core and four clocked at 1.0 GHz) and has Adreno 405 GPU, similar to the Desire 820. It runs on Android 5.0 Lollipop with HTC Sense UI on top.
It has a 13-megapixel rear camera and a ultrapixel front-facing camera. It has dual-front-facing BoomSound speakers with Dolby audio and comes in single SIM and dual SIM variants depending on the market. It also has Cat 4 LTE connectivity up to 150Mbps.
HTC Desire 826 specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) display
- Octa-Core (1.5 GHz & 1.0 GHz) Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor with Adreno 405 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 5.0 Lollipop with HTC Sense UI
- Dual SIM (optional)
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, BSI sensor, 28mm lens, 1080p video recording
- Ultrapixel front-facing camera, f.2.2 aperture, wide angle lens
- 3.5 mm headset jack
- 7.74mm thick and weighs 155 grams
- HTC BoomSound, Dual frontal stereo speakers with built-in amplifiers, Dolby Audio
- 4G LTE Cat.4 / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11a/b/g/n (2.4 & 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX, GPS
- 2600 mAh battery
The HTC Desire 826 comes in four colors. It would go on sale first in China and other Asian markets early 2015. Since it is listed on India website, it is likely to launch here too. No details about the pricing yet.