Asus has launched the PadFone mini (PF400CG) in India. It has a 4-inch (800 x 480 pixels) smartphone that docks into a 7-inch (1280 x 800 pixels) Padfone station. It is powered by 1.6 GHz dual-core Intel Atom (Z2560) processor and runs on Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean). It has a 8-megapixel rear camera without flash and a 2-megapixel front-facing camera. It comes with dual SIM support as well.
Commenting on the launch, Peter Chang, Regional Head – South Asia & Country Manager – System Business Group – ASUS India, said,
Today’s introduction of PadFone Mini marks further extension of the PadFone series which expands our users’ world where they will enjoy, achieve and save categorically. It is an alluring proof to substantiate our prime focus on the bringing incredible. We are assertive that PadFone Mini will touch customers’ heart and take us a step ahead to deliver what our brand promises.
Asus PadFone mini specifications
- 4-inch (800×480 pixels) IPS+ display
- 7-inch (1280×800 pixels) IPS+ display (Padfone station)
- Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean), upgradable to Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- 1.6 GHz dual-core Intel Atom (Z2560) processor with PowerVR SGX 544MP2 GPU
- 1GB RAM, 8GB internal memory, micro SD card slot (supports up to 64GB)
- 8MP camera
- 2MP front-facing camera
- Dual SIM
- Dimensions: 124.42 x 61.44 x 11.2 mm; Weight: 116 (Phone)
- Dimensions: 199.85 x 119.43 x 13.91 mm; Weight: 260 (Padfone station)
- 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, WiFi Direct, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, aGPS and GLONASS
- 1200mAh battery (in phone)
- 2100mAh battery (in Padfone station)
The Asus PadFone mini comes in Black and White colors and is priced at Rs. 15999. According to Flipkart’s teaser, the PadFone mini should go on sale on Flipkart soon. We went hands-on with the PadFone mini at the CES earlier this year. Check out the hands-on below.
[Update: The Asus Padfone mini is now available for purchase from Flipkart.]