Yesterday, we told you about Motorola Droid getting the Android 2.1 update.
Putting all speculations and rumours to an end, Motorola has explained in detail on what features you will be getting in the Android 2.1 update for Motorola Droid.
So Here goes the list:
- Voice Recognition: You can now speak in plain English instead of typing, whenever a text-entry box appears on your Android device. Simply swipe your finger across the virtual keyboard and dictate your phrase.
- Virtual Keyboard Enhancements: The fully integrated, enlarged virtual keyboard allows for easier and more accurate manual entries as well. Also included are auto-complete/correct.
- 3D Gallery: 3D Gallery offers a whole new way to enjoy your phone’s multimedia features. With 3D gallery, all of your photos, videos, album art and images from your Picasa Web albums account online are displayed in three-dimensional stacks that gently move as the phone is tilted. Scrolling through and choosing media has never been easier. With 3D gallery simply use your finger to scroll through thumbnail versions of all your photos, videos and albums – and when you find one you want – simply tap the image to select it for viewing or playback. You can share pics individually or in bulk (by long-pressing a photo) on Facebook, Email, or MMS.
- Pinch-to-Zoom: Enjoy pinch-to-zoom functionality for web browsing, plus the Gallery and Maps applications.
- News and Weather App and Widget: The News and Weather app pulls information from the web and brings it to your fingertips. Weekly and hourly weather forecast for your area based on your location and it pulls news headlines on the topics you care about most.
- Google Maps Updates:
- Enhanced Music Application: New tabs at the top of your music player for easier access and navigation to your favorite artist, songs, albums and playlists.
- Google Goggles App: Google Goggles App allows you to snap a picture to start a Google search. It can also ”read” photos of business cards and add them to your contacts. Even cooler is its built-in augmented reality feature that displays information about things, like stores and restaurants, around you.
- Other Enhancements:
1. Sync with desktop: synchronizes starred items between Google Maps on your Android device and maps.google.com.
2. Personalized suggestions: Google Maps on your Android device suggests (autocompletes) locations based on your personal search history on maps.google.com.
3. Night mode: automatically changes your screen at night for easier viewing and driving.
NOTE: Sync feature requires user to be logged in to myGoogle account while on maps.google.com.
1. Security: Prevents unauthorized pattern lock bypass.
2. Yahoo email: Yahoo email new accounts setup optimizations.
3. Battery life: ongoing battery life optimization.
Have you upgraded your Droid to Android 2.1? Let us know how it went via comments below.
(via Motorola FAQ)