Samsung launched its Gear S Smartwatch in India last month for Rs. 28,900. Samsung started taking pre-orders for the Gear S earlier this week. Now the smartwatch with a built-in SIM card slot is available for purchase from the their official eStore for Rs. 27,900, which is Rs. 1,000 cheaper compared to the launch price. The Gear S has a 2-inch (360 x 480 pixels) curved Super AMOLED display, comes with a 1GHz dual-core processor and enables you to independently make and receive calls, without connecting to a device and also offers 3G support.
It has IP67 certification for dust and water-resistant and connects to the devices using Bluetooth 4.1 LE. It comes with a Heart Rate sensor to monitor your heart rate easily and packs a 300mAh Li-ion battery that promises up to 2 days of battery life.
Samsung Gear S Specifications
- 2 inch (360 x 480 pixels) Super AMOLED display
- 1 GHz Dual-Core processor
- 4GB internal memory, 512MB RAM
- Tizen based wearable platform
- 2G, 3G Call via SIM card, Bluetooth Call
- IP67 Certified Dust and Water Resistant
- WiFi: 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, A-GPS/Glonass
- S Health,Heart Rate sensor
- Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Compass, Ambient Light, UV, Barometer
- 300mAh Li-ion battery
The Samsung Gear S is available in Black and White colors in India.