LG introduced the Isai FL (LGL24) for Japanese operator KDDI back in May. Today the company has refreshed the smartphone and introduced a new variant called isai VL (LGV31) with 3GB RAM and Voice-over-LTE (VoLTE) support. Other specifications are similar to the Isai FL, including a 5.5-inch (2560×1440 pixels) Quad HD IPS display, 2.5 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 801 processor with Adreno 330, Android 4.4 (KitKat), 13.2-megapixel rear camera with LED Flash, 4K video recording and a 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera.
It is waterproof with IPX5 / IPX7 ratings and has similar dimensions as the Isai FL, but this is 6 grams lighter compared to its predecessor.
LG isai VL Specifications
- 5.5-inch (2560×1440 pixels) Quad HD IPS display
- 2.5 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 801 (MSM8974AC) processor with Adreno 330 GPU
- 3GB DDR3 RAM, 32GB of internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with micro SD
- Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- Dimensions – 145×76×10.5 mm; Weight: 154 g
- 13.2MP rear camera with LED Flash, 4K video recording
- 1.3MP front-facing camera
- 4G LTE with VoLTE / WiMAX 2 + / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0 , GPS, NFC
- 3000 mAh battery
The LG isai VL comes in White, Black and Pink colors. It would go on sale in Japan through KDDI by sometime in December 2014. LG has not announced the pricing yet.