HTC has finally launched the Desire 820 and Desire 820q, the company’s latest mid-range smartphones in India. These have 5.5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) display, run on Android 4.4 Kitkat with HTC Sense 6 UI on top, that it upgradable to upcoming Android 5.0. The Desire 820 is powered by a octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor ( four Cortex A53 cores clocked at 1.5 GHz per core and four clocked at 1.0 GHz) with Adreno 405 GPU and the Desire 820q is powered by a 1.2 GHz quad-core processor Snapdragon 410 processor.
These have a 13-megapixel rear camera, 8-megapixel front-facing camera and dual-front-facing BoomSound speakers. The Desire 820q has 1GB of RAM instead of 2GB RAM on the Desire 820. We went hands on with the Desire 820 at the IFA last month, check out the hands on video below.
At the launch, Chia-Lin Chang, President of Global Sales and Chief Financial Officer, HTC, said,
Our new HTC Desire model gives entertainment lovers exactly what they are looking for; a powerful, fast, stylish smartphone that delivers their favourite content on a big screen at a competitive price. With the HTC Desire 820 and HTC Desire 820q, we’ve combined the most advanced technology with the best possible entertainment experience and bold, distinctive design, to deliver a handset that is both desirable and affordable.
HTC Desire 820 / Desire 820q dual SIM specifications
- 5.5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- HTC Desire 820 – Octa-Core (1.5 GHz & 1.0 GHz) Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor with Adreno 405 GPU
- HTC Desire 820q – 1.2 quad-core Snapdragon 410 processor with Adreno 306 GPU (Desire 820q)
- 1GB (Desire 820q) / 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 4.4 with HTC Sense 6 UI, upgradable to Android 5.0
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, BSI sensor, 28mm lens, 1080p video recording
- 8 MP front-facing camera, 1080p video recording
- 3.5 mm headset jack
- 7.74mm thick and weighs 155 grams
- HTC BoomSound, Dual frontal stereo speakers with built-in amplifiers
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11a/b/g/n (2.4 & 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX, GPS
- 2600 mAh battery
The HTC Desire 820 and the Desire 820q come in a range of colors in India and are priced at Rs. 24,990 and Rs. 22,500, respectively. Both these smartphone would be available from November 5th.