After teasing the launch, Jumbo Electronics, IT telecom and consumer electronics retailer and distributor in the UAE, has partnered with Flipkart, to launch YotaPhone, a dual-screen smartphone manufactured by Yota Devices in India. It has 4.3-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) LCD capacitive multi touch main screen and a 4.3-inch (360×640 pixels) E-Ink rear screen. The phone also has special YotaPhone gestures and Put2Back applications for the back screen.
- 4.3-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) LCD capacitive multi touch main display
- 4.3-inch (360×640 pixels) EPD rear screen, 16 grayscale; capacitive touch zone below the EPD for gesture controls
- Android 4.2.2 ( Jelly Bean)
- 1.7 GHz Dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8960 processor
- 13MP auto focus rear camera with LED flash, 1080p full HD video recording
- 1MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions – 133.6 x 67 x 9.99mm; Weight – 146g
- 2GB RAM, 32GB Internal memory
- Accelerometer, compass, gyroscope, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor,
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 4G LTE / 3G, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth v4.0, GPS w/A-GPS + GLONASS
- 1800mAh battery
The YotaPhone will be available exclusively on Flipkart for Rs. 23,499 in India starting 17th October. Check out the hands on below.
Commenting on the new launch, Abdul Karim Sawan, Vice President for Yota Devices – Middle East and India, said
YotaPhone features an electronic paper display that would work as a second screen, making it possible to deliver an array of new and improved user experiences. It combines a smartphone and e-reader into one device for those who enjoy reading on-the-go even in the brightest sunlight. You can save images and information on the second screen, and it stays there, even if you lose battery power. You can save anything on the always-on display from a map to a boarding pass. Information, like a missed call or meeting reminder, stays on the always-on screen until it is no longer needed.
Commenting on the exclusive launch, Michael Adnani, VP – Retail & Head – Brand Alliances, Flipkart said,
Flipkart has established itself as a go-to destination for leading global and domestic brands who want to engage with a wide range of customers in India. Yet again, we bring an exclusive partnership with an innovative and one of its kind smartphone for the Indian audience. This is in continuation of our commitment to bring world-class products to our customers backed by our superior service.