HTC has launched the Desire 816G dual SIM, a cheaper variant of the Desire 816 in India. It has the same 5.5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) display, similar to the Desire 816 that was launched back in April. but this is powered by a 1.3 GHz quad-core MediaTek processor, instead of a Quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 SoC and comes with 1GB RAM, instead of 1.5GB on the Desire 816.
Other features are similar including Android 4.4 (KitKat) with HTC Sense 6.0, 13-megapixel rear camera and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera. It has dual-front-facing BoomSound speakers, comes with dual SIM support and has 3G HSPA+ connectivity, but lacks 4G support.
At the launch, Faisal Siddiqui, Vice President & Country Head, India at HTC, said,
The HTC Desire 816G dual sim brings an exciting combination of big screen, great specs at an amazing price! It is one of the most well-built and best design smartphone with a powerful specification that makes the HTC Desire 816G dual sim even more compelling. It is bringing genuine choice to the category by delivering stunning design and high-end performance at unbelievable value.
HTC Desire 816G dual SIM specifications
- 5.5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) display
- 1.3 GHz quad-core MediaTek processor
- Android 4.4 (KitKat) with HTC Sense 6
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.2, 1080p HD recording
- 5 MP front-facing camera, f/2.8 720p HD recording
- 3.5 mm headset jack
- 7.9mm-thick and weighs 158 grams
- HTC BoomSound, Dual frontal stereo speakers with built-in amplifiers
- 1GB RAM, 8GB internal memory, expandable memory with micro SD
- 3G HSPA+, WiFi b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX, GPS with a-GPS
- 2600 mAh battery
The HTC Desire 816G Dual SIM comes in Black, White, Red, Green and Purple colors and is priced at Rs. 18,990 in India. It would go on sale early October.