LG has announced the GW990 smartphone. This is a truly amazing smartphone. It has a cool form factor and runs Moblin
It’s features include:
- 4.8″ Touchscreen display with 1020*480 resolution
- 5 Megapixel Camera with Autofocus, LED Flash and HD Video
- GPS with A-GPS Support, 3D Gaming
- 16 GB Internal Memory, micro-SD Card Slot
- Intel Atom 45nm Processor (Unknown Speed)
- 1850 mAh Battery, 512MB RAM
- Linux Moblin OS with LG S-Class UI
- 7.2 MBPs HSDPA, 5.6 MBPs HSUPA
The handset is quite a handful and yet it is said to consume 10 times lesser energy than previous Intel Atom powered devices
One thing not sure is whether applications for other Linux based platforms such as Maemo will work on the GW990.
The device is expected to come out sometime during the 2nd half of 2010.