BlackBerry is all set to launch the BlackBerry Z3, the company’s latest BlackBerry 10 smartphone in India next week. The company has sent us press invite for the launch event scheduled for June 25th. The invite just reads it would unveil the next generation BlackBerry 10 device. Since the company already launched the BlackBerry Z30, it is clear that it is BlackBerry Z3 that would be launched in a week.
The BlackBerry Z3 was announced earlier this year at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona and had gone on sale in Indonesia last month for IDR 2,199,000 (Rs. 11,500 approx), so it could launch in India for less than Rs. 12.000. It is one of the first BlackBerry smartphones made by Foxconn. It packs a 5-inch qHD screen, powered by a 1.2 GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor and packs 1.5GB RAM.
BlackBerry Z3 specifications
- 5-inch qHD (960 × 540 pixels) touch screen display
- BlackBerry OS 10
- 1.2 GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 (MSM8230) processor with Adreno 305 GPU
- 5MP autofocus rear camera with LED flash
- 1.1MP front-facing camera
- 3.5mm audio jack, LED Indicator
- 9.26mm thick and weighs 164 grams
- 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 LE with aptX codec and GPS
- 1.5 GB RAM, 8GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 32GB with microSD
- 2500 mAh non-removable battery
We should know the pricing and the availability of the smartphone at the launch next week.