Samsung has just announced the Galaxy K zoom, the company’s latest camera-centric smartphone at an event in Singapore. It has a 20.7-megapixel BSI CMOS sensor, 4.4-44mm lens with 10x optical zoom, Optical Image Stabilisation (OIS) and Xenon Flash. It has a 4.8-inch HD Super AMOLED screen, powered by a Hexa-Core processor (1.7 GHz Dual Core Cortex A15+ 1.3 GHz Quad Core Cortex A7) and runs on Android 4.4 (KitKat) with the latest Samsung Touchwiz UX.
It uses a new retracting lens technology that provides 10x optical zoom in a 20.2 mm slim body. It weighs 200 grams. It has AF/AE Separation (Auto Focus/ Auto Exposure Separation), Pro Suggest with 5 optimized filter settings, Selfie Alarm to take timed selfies, object tracing and more.
Other features include, Ultra Power Saving Mode, S Health Lite, Studio app and more. As you can see, the phone has voice calling capabilities as well, similar to the Galaxy S4 Zoom.
Samsung Galaxy K zoom specifications
- 4.8-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD Super AMOLED display
- 1.7 GHz Dual Core + 1.3 GHz Quad Core Exynos (5260) processor with Mali-T624 GPU
- Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- 20.7MP rear camera with Xenon Flash, BSI Sensor, OIS and 10x optical zoom, 1080p video at 60 fps
- 2MP front-facing camera
- 3.5mm audio jack
- 2GB RAM, 8GB internal memory and expandable up to 64GB with microSD
- 4G LTE/3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, Bluetooth v4.0 LE, aGPS + GLONASS and NFC
- 2,430mAh battery
The Samsung Galaxy K zoom comes in Charcoal Black, Shimmery White and Electric Blue colors with nice textures for a comfortable grip. No word on pricing or availability yet. We will bring you the hands-on impressions from the launch event later today.