Lenovo has launched the Lenovo A526, the company’s latest smartphone in the A-series. It has a 4.5-inch (854 x 480 pixels) capacitive touchscreen display, powered by a 1.3 GHz Quad-core Mediatek MT6582M processor and runs on Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean). It has a 5-megapixel rear camera without flash and a 0.3-megapixel (VGA) front-facing camera.
It comes pre-installed Lenovo DOit apps for seamless data sharing, security and syncing. It has dual SIM support with dual standby.
Commenting on the launch, Sudhin Mathur, Director-Smartphones, Lenovo India, said
Out of the 876 million mobile phone users in India, about 10% of the users own a smartphone. However, today there is an influx of devices specifically targeted at this untapped segment in fast-growing markets like India. With the Lenovo A series range, we are looking at revolutionizing the concept of budget phones in India by offering consumers a superior smartphone experience at an affordable price point.
Lenovo A526 Specifications
- 4.5-inch (854 x 480 pixels) touch screen display
- 1.3 GHz quad-core Mediatek MT6582M processor
- Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean)
- Dual SIM (GSM + GSM)
- 5MP rear camera
- 0.3MP front-facing camera
- 11.1 mm thick and weight 145 grams
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 1GB RAM, 4GB internal memory, 32GB expandable memory with MicroSD
- 3G (HSDPA: 21 Mbps, HSUPA: 5.76 Mbps), WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 2000 mAh battery
The Lenovo A526 comes in Blue color and is priced at Rs. 9,499. It would be available from the official thedostore.com and across 1,400 Lenovo exclusive stores in India from April 5.